Tuesday, July 8, 2008

garden troubles

the bad guy
OK I did buy some bulbs from a fund raiser and planted them in my yard a few years ago, but that was before we found the New England Wild Flower Society and learned about the importance of only growing plants that should naturally grow in your area.. and now we know why and I can't guarantee I have all the facts correct I am trying to learn how to do things right.
these lilies which are from Asia, have attracted these beetles, also from Asia, now these Beatles do not naturally occur in the US so there is no predator to get rid of them

and I do not use pesticides so how to I get rid of them?

Any advice?
asiatic beatle

it's very bright
I don't like using pesticides, but on top of that I live in a protected conservation land so we are not allowed to use them, so even if I wanted to go against my wishes to be pesticide free, I couldn't anyway
the boy checking it out


he boy checking out the bug
this is a bug vacuum but with the top off he can use the magnifying glass to look at the bugs

My hero

My hero

he caught 4 of them and is hunting more

could these be what has eaten the leaves off of the purple cone flowers?

anyone know?

thanks for all the gardening advice
some day I might be able to have a yard that doesn't look like a hillbilly lives here :)

No comments: