Sunday, July 20, 2008

mini golf, and forgiveness

some of you who read my blog know the trouble I had with my SIL about three years ago.
I'm not going to go into detail, but it was a combination of her learning to be humble and deal with reality, and me learning...what did I learn from all that? too much to mention it all here, it is true what they say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

we have all changed so much since then
She is independent and has a new guy she is seeing and is so happy!

Me I had a baby, gave up homeschooling, learned my boy has ADHD, learned my girl has Autism
figured out that I was pushing my way to my own misery and broke free from my chains.
I am so much happier now.

Now we have patched up our problems since then we talked about how sorry we were and forgave each other, but yesterday was the first time we did something social with her

we met for dinner at a Mexican place, and then went to mini-golf

we all had a fun time

if three years ago you would have told me that yesterday I would be playing mini-golf with my SIL and her BF and I would enjoy it. I would have deemed you insane! I'm not saying I would invite her to move in...but we had a good time I actually like her now and enjoy talking with her.

funny how we change huh?

about Mini golf LOL
we go there and a signed balls and clubs and went to the practice green, taught Messy how to hit the ball, Moo didn't even need to be shown, she just started hitting the ball LOL until someone said "go head put the ball in the hole" she looked up, dropped the club, picked up the ball and ran over to the hole and put it in ROFL we had a good laugh.

I questioned "why don't we do this more often?" several times during the practice round and the first few holes LOL

then I remembered WHY we don't do it LOL
Moo wanted it to always be her turn
and Messy would break through whoever was holding her hand and run through the greens grabbing whatever ball she could and throwing it in the water. LOL

I was sort of impressed that SIL and her guy were not upset or angry with her
Really I was so happy I didn't have to be a crazy KWIM?

that is sort of what mini golf was like LOL in the end I sat with the girls singing " A Bushel and a Peck" over and over and over again

the best sound in the world I think is a little kid's hushed excited whispers "do it again mommy, do it again!"

ahh life is good!

No comments: