Saturday, July 26, 2008

a little bit about Mapboy

MB...my boy, or Map boy
we call him mapboy because he loves maps, he has memorized road maps from all over the country
he memorizes other maps but road maps mostly and he can give great directions
I am the opposite, I have no sense of direction, I have to hold my hands up to see the "L" in order to take a left. I despise maps and until I had to because I didn't want my kid to think I am stupid I just avoided maps...now I am better LOL but I will say that I have actually contemplated calling the boy at school to get directions somewhere.

It is so much easier to get to new places with him in the car...and he loves feeling important, he loves having the answer so all is good right?

enter DH's new GPS he got from work.. today was the first time *WE* got to use it, everything started out ok.

We are going to a party 1-1/2 hours from our house Dh put the address in it tells us to go a different way that we would have gone...MB is interested and wonders out loud how useful such a thing is...I on the other hand LOVE it this is just what a person with no sense of directions could use...Dh showed me the usefulness of it by taking a wrong turn and showing me how it would quickly get me back on track OMGosh i would LOVE this thing.

I explained to Dh several times that this would be the perfect Christmas gift for me..I raved about the Garmin. We got to the party and had a great day, and then headed home...DH put in our address but as we were driving we stopped to get a coffee and MB found it funny that the garmin thought we were still on the other road and DH and MB had a bit of fun driving the wrong was and "messing with the GPS" I started to notice that MB was laughing just a bit to loud everytime he heard the word "recalculating" and after a bit he was watching it and it seemed like he was looking for a mistake to point it out. About halfway home I started to realize what was going on

the boy is jealous of the GPS is this possible? would I do my kid harm if I got a garmin?

the boy just totally blows me away with almost everything he does and now he is jealous of the little tiny computer on the window

interesting huh?

1 comment:

karen said...

I say get one, but don't use it when Devin is in the car.