Thursday, July 24, 2008

sorry I have not been able to comment

doing ok

big storm today
big accident on the highway
big traffic
I had to go pick up the messy one at school
they called and said the bus woudl be at least an hour late

taking a parenting class type thingy at the vbs
Christian parenting
feel inadequate sometimes
wish I was a better parent



Boy is upset
someone said something upset him
I think he is over reacting, he thinks kid is picking on him
he hates kids and never wants to go anywhere again

this will pass

he was trying to be helpful and telling kid what he was supposed to do
kid said "no one listens to you" boy is hurt "He doesn't even know me, how can he say that no one listens to me"

no matter how I try to explain it
boy DOES NOT UNDERSTAND

Dr says he doesn't have a problem
he talks well
he follows conversation rules
he makes eye contact

I try to tell dr
He has no friends
no one plays with him
no one invites him to parties
no one accepts invitations

My boy is clueless
I have had to explain to him why he can't go over his friends house because the other boy's father won't let him there, because when he did something wrong he didn't apologize, and when told to apologize he laughed while doing it! My boy didn't even know the dad was mad at him.

frankly the dad who was mad was too sensitive but still

*sigh*

aspergers

I don't care what the drs say

I want him in the socialization class

how can I get him in without a diagnosis?

any ideas?

thanks

2 comments:

Nik said...

I'd say you need to call around to the various OT's and see if they know of a private one.

In our area Cam's OT teams up with another lady that does a lot with autistic kids and she sets up socialization playdates, summer camps and various programs.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I enjoy your blog too!!