Monday, July 14, 2008

seperation anxiety (((shout out to Deb)))

First I want to thank you all for the advice
Deb my friend it is so good to "see" you I thought I had lost touch with you, I hope you and the girls are doing good!


now on to my post about separation anxiety

today was the first day of the summer special education program ( I hate that name)


who knew after all this time
after looking forward to the back to school
after wishing for the switch back to routine
watching the calendar tick and planning how I will work my time while she is in her summer school

who knew it would be so hard to put her on that big bus
I was surprised to see a real bus and not a van with a "school bus" sign on it
wish I had known I would have prepared her :(
she was the first pick up...I introduced myself to the driver, I silently wished he had an aid there
I strapped her in, once she was in she stopped crying and just stared into space

sorry it really hurt to leave her on that big huge monster bus

Jim from North Reading transportation...you take care of my baby

*cry*

ok yes it was me who had to get them to change the IEP to get her into this program LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww sweetie - big hugs. That was hard wasn't it? Putting them in the hands of someone we don't know. I'm sure she's gonna be fine, and you will be too, and she'll be home in a little bit :)

Anonymous said...

It's ok to feel anxious!!

It'll get better!

Carla said...

Oh I bet that was hard.