Friday, September 5, 2008

So my son is a middle schooler, my day off, and the photo challange

I didn't cry the whole time

the applying for the school
the getting accepted
getting the news that the school was moving
filling out mountains of paperwork
that first day of school...dropping him off..seeing him tentatively walking up to the other kids...who all seemed to look 5 years older than my baby LOL
the odd feeling of picking him up where they just let him out and I didn't have to sign him out

no tears about my baby being a middle schooler

But today I am reading over the student handbook, and the contracts...I need to sign the contract and part of it, I need to sign that I am familiar with the handbook, so I am trying to get familiar KWIM?

so what on the handbook did Get me so upset

the legal part, the part where they talk about drugs, and weapons and violence, rape and sexual assault...the part where it says
Additionally, per civil rights afforded to all individuals, students who are pregnant at
(name of school removed) are permitted to remain in regular education classes and participate in
extracurricular activities with non- pregnant students throughout their pregnancy.
After giving birth, they are permitted to return to the same academic and
extracurricular program as before they participated in before they left.






Ok so all the progress I thought I had made over the years I am still that mom who was so terrified to put her kid on the kindergarten bus, that she decided to homeschool him


I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool, I will not homeschool.

the photo challenge today is Trees :)

I didn't take them yet, but today is my day off :)
yes my Dh is watching the kids all day, so I am off to find some trees :)

1 comment:

karen said...

So how was your day off????

About the school handbook, I bet that caveat is probably required to be inevery single handbook in the school district/state.

I hope that Devin is enjoying 5th grade.

How is Jessica doing?

What are you and Moo doing at home all day together???