Tuesday, September 9, 2008

tons of random chatting ...if it makes sense to you, you get a star!!

the schedule troubles is killing me yikes...it's not easy trying to be in more than one place at one time....some of the other moms have it harder than me, so I must stop complaining...I met a woman today who actually mastered picking up a kid at one side of our town and getting her kid here at the new middle school in another town ten minutes apart... it's an 18 minute drive so I must follow her next time LOL I just have to remember that if I am a few minutes late they are not going to think I am a bad parent.....really that is my fear that someone will call DSS because I am late getting there KWIM?

I will say that I Love the fact that MB's school has gone green, everything is on the website!!!! no folders full of papers!!!!and they use Google calendar,and because *I* use Google calendar all I needed to do is a few clicks and now I get an update every time they update it :)
unlike the public schools that all have online calendars and none of them use them. it's frustrating that I have to fight to find out things, or they will send home notices for things that are past... more on that later

I went to the PTO or whatever you call it last night for MB's school

it was ok I really kind of felt bad because I can't really volunteer for most of the stuff and every parent is supposed to do at least 25 hours of volunteer sheesh how am I goign to be able to do that? I don't know.


you know what else I love about this school? Umm friday he had an issue with some kids on the playground...there was no hidingit from me, the social worker at the school called and left a message on my machine right away....I called her back and we talked on MondayI told her that I thought he would benifit from a social skills group..I've got his name on a waiting list for one at the local hospital, and .today is Tuesday and when I picked him up, he was all excited to tell me that he was picked to be in a social group (with the social worker) that meets for lunch every tuesday "mom the group is COOL we eat lunch and then play cards and talk about good things, and also some not so good things that might be bugging us!" in the old school he was getting bullied every day and only when *I* saw him upset, and I dragged the info out of him, and *I* called the school and got it confirmed that "yes the kids do pick on him from time to time" did they do anything about it.


guess what I got home from the girls Kindy class yesterday??? yes Yesterday September 8th her first day of school, I got an invitation to "kindergarten playgroup day" yes that sounds neat Sept. 5th

and I got an announcement for an ice cream social....yup that was Sept. 5th too not too impressed with all that...last year I blamed the boy for not getting flyers to me until after the date is past, but now I am wondering if its the school, because obviously messy didnt get this flyer before the 5th since her first day of school was teh 8th LOL

Today was ok, she is doing great in handwriting and art (big surprise there huh)

oh and they told me I need to pack an extra snack because she has snack in the first class, lunch in between, and snack in the afternoon class...I totally forgot that fact! Oh and I was right the class is now officially peanut free, it really should be, how can you keep peanuts off of kindy kids hands??? impossible!

hmm I am betting she will be eating not much dinner if she will be eating lunch and two snacks every day haha

ok sorry I know this is just a big messy post but I have to go and get dinner ready
Dh is away so I am breaking out the zitti WHOO HOO!!!!


I love pasta :)

(next week when I am complaining about why I can't lose weight remind me of this LOL)

No comments: