Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friendship - Three


Tonight I want to talk about my son's friend Hunter. When we first met him we were not yet aware that our kids were on the spectrum, our boy Devin had recently been diagnosed with ADHD we had no idea what Jess' issues were.

Hunter was in the same Sunday school class as our boy and well they didn't get along so well. Every Sunday you could here me saying "if you can't get along with Hunter why can't you just play with the other kids" Boy was I one lucky mom that my boy didn't take my advice.

They are the best of friends! Hunter is such a positive influence on Devin. he convinced him to join scouts, to try new things, he encourages him when he needs it most!
but there is more to it than that
We carpool to scouts and it we pick Hunter up and I can tell you that all three of my kids look forward To that ride to scouts once a week. He gets into the car prepared with jokes for the little ones, and he treats Jess with compassion and understanding when she gets overwhelmed. He gives me hope! This is a kid I told my son not to play with an it turns out that he is such an amazing kid. I have hope that my kids are going to do ok.

So tonight I want to tell you that I am thankful for Hunter - his family is pretty awesome too!

No comments: