Monday, September 22, 2008

did you ever do something and think...

Gosh I am exactly like my mother LOL

MB was acting quite a bit sick this morning...the mommy flag was waving I got an inkling that he just wanted to stay home, and maybe he wasn't as sick and he was acting KWIM so I told him the family rules that from now on go with school

for every day of school you miss, you must be restricted to the house for one week, that means no weekend trips to the zoo, no going out for a treat, no nothing

he quickly decided that he was feeling better

Gosh I hated that rule when I was a kid...but it always worked, it gave me the incentive to go to school on those days when I just didn't want to KWIM?

and of course I am worried that maybe he really is sick, and I am making him go to school sick...he did have a milder version of what messy had over the weekend but he seemed in great spirits Sunday night.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Saving The Day said...

Oh yeah, I would have said the same thing. Don't worry too much, hon. If he is too sick to be in school, they will call you to come in a pick him up. ((()))

karen said...

That is the tricky line we walk when we are moms. Are they really sick, boderline, or just want to stay home. I agree witht eh other post, if he really was that sick, they'd call you to come get him.

I think you may want to alter your rule to not be for every day you are out of school. if they really are sick say for 3 days, then it is 3 weeks you are "grounding" the family.