Thursday, August 7, 2008

rainy days

Please scroll down and take my survey about puddles!!!!




































rainy days
changed our plans
staying home
candy land
video games
and spider man
summer is fun
but butterflies
wont play in the rain

The boy is counting his money
to buy a new video game
The girls are watching
Harold and dreaming of
Purple crayons
Me I get a get a few minutes
to look over some old shots

I really need to switch to autofocus
my eyes have gone to pot LOL

---------------------------------------

the rain zaps my energy
I wish I could take a nap

--------------------------------------

You know I was curious after getting some not so nice comments at the zoo when my kiddos were jumping the puddles.

Do you let your kids jump in puddles?

or do you think it's disgusting?
I have always let my kids jump in puddles

but now the therapist lady from Messy's school wants to work on getting her to stay away from puddles..I can see where she doenst understand the difference of my letting her play in a puddle and her running to a puddle on the play ground

but it will be hard to say NO!


The lady form the school says it's unsanitary and disgusting

when I was a kid you jsut jumped in puddles
everyone did it and you all got muddy and your mom gave you a bath
the world is different now

Please scroll down and take my survey about puddles!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't find the survey, but I have to admit, i tend to be a wenchy mom about puddles, mostly because they ruin shoes and we so can't afford to be buying new shoes all the time.

I need to let them play in puddles more.

karen said...

If we aren't on a way to a place where wet shoes and clothes would be a problem, I am okay with puddle jumping.

karen

Carla said...

well, germ-o-phobe that I am, I don't let them jump in puddles. I will, however, let them play some in them if they don't have tennis shoes on. Just so long as they don't splash it up in their faces, or get it on their hands. ;)

If we're out somewhere where the puddle is in a yard with mud, then I am a little more lenient. Weird...but dirty yard seems cleaner somehow. LOL Especially after years at Disney and seeing that some of the puddles aren't made of rain water!

The Swimmer said...

I always let them jump in puddles. Conner has such a thing about getting dirty that it was an odd surprise when he enjoyed it. The pure enjoyment of it that they get makes it all ok to me. Shoes wash. Clothes wash. Bodies wash.