Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what happens when I forget to blog for a bit

I can't remember what I blogged about and what I didn't LOL

I got a call from the kindergartner's teacher yesterday
she has been having lots of trouble with sensitivity to noise
Whistles on the playground, morning announcements...any normal noises have her rocking with her hands over her ears

I know that that is what she does doesn't necessarily mean her ears are bothering her.
I tell the teacher this and she agrees with me, but is also concerned that she might have an ear infection because she also has a runny nose and, well you know the deal right? they don't want to start behavior modification if she is doing it out of real pain, or if she is really sick. Autism really stinks sometimes

So I took her to walk-in and the NP says that she has fluid in the ear
OK I am holding a pamphlet in my hand about how you shouldn't treat fluid in the ears with antibiotics...but the NP is pushing for them so the school can get going on the Behavior modification. OK OK I get it! I just wish I was one of those really smart strong mothers who has all the answers and knows what to do....you know who they are right?

anyway Dh is away until Friday so we are going to busy all week :)

now I am off to make homemade pizza with the kids, well semi homemade...I bought the dough

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor sweetie... that's just tough...


Btw - you're a good mom.