Monday, October 6, 2008

is there a twelve step program for furniture?

So one of the things I remember when I was a kid was a bed, it looked like a castle it was a loft bed with a play area underneath, my father had plans to build it for me, we would sit and talk about how cool this bed would be we drew pictures of it and I really thought he was going to make it...but the bed never got made :(


OK so that may explain why I am really too emotionally attached to this bunk bed, we bought it, and painted it to look like a castle....ok it doenst *look* like a castle to you and me, it is no way even close to the one my dad dreamed about, but to a five year old and a two year old, it looks like a castle! LOL

So Now the epilepsy Dr says NO to bunk beds
Ok I'll be honest I didn't think of it as an issue, but what can I say?
We can't put the 5 year old on the bottom, because the 2 year old really is just too small for bunk beds KWIM?

so silly me thinks, OK we will sell the bunk bed and use the money to buy a trundle
ROFL

Dh didnt think anyone would buy a painted bunk bed (why is he always right?)

OK so apparently a bunkbed loses value when it is painted by a mom and her kids to look like a castle ROFL

here am I thinking I have this thing of value and I can't even give the thing away.

so the new plan is to take the thing apart and put it away until the littlest one is old enough to climb up to the top, of course you do know that by that time it wont look like a castle to them anymore. ROFL

No comments: