Monday, August 11, 2008

about Mosquitoes and a recipe for Mojito chicken

in an effort to rid my yard of mosquitoes the DPW is trying to increase the flow of the water


Ok it didn't work before


if there is something blocking the flow of the water at the bottom of the yard, then digging holes at the top of the yard will only increase the flow into the yard, will it increase the flow OUT of the yard?
no, just like it didn't increase the flow out of the yard the last time they did it. :(

should you tell them about the laws of gravity or should I?

meanwhile I am here the mosquitoes are everywhere

what is a mom to do, but have "cook out/eat ins"

Oh here is my


fantastic mojito chicken recipe

1 bottle of Bacardi mojito Malt Beverage
McCormick grill mates Chicken rub
Some dried mint leaves (optional)
salt and pepper to taste (there is salt in the rub so be careful)

a pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts



marinate the chicken in 1/2 the beverage

fire up the grill

sprinkle on the rub (you can rub a lot on it, but my kids find that too much so I just sprinkle a bit on each side)
sprinkle on the mint


put chicken on the hot grill and pour a little of the drink on the chicken (be careful rum is flammable) or you can just be safe and drink the drink while you are grilling the chicken, that works too :)

I'm telling you my kids gobble this up
don't worry the rum cooks away :)

enjoy!

No comments: