Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So this morning we had a drama filled morning

first Moo (the three year old) had a toy that Curly (the six year old) wanted....take..yell...scream...time-outs

Curly has decided that she wanted some flavor of poptart that we do not have, scream...yell...timeouts...

after all was settled down...Moo holding the desired toy, and Curly standing off in the distance pouting...did My ears and eyes really see this?

Moo said to Curly "if you want a toy you have to ask for it properly!"

Curly just looking at her not saying anything, and then Moo put her hands up near Curly's face the way I to to help her to look me in the eyes and said "Curly Look me in the eyes and say 'may I please have the toy' and then I'll give it to you!"

Curly said it, and Moo gave it to her and they hugged.


what a weird feeling, to be both proud of your 3 year old for acting so grown-up and worried that this is damaging her psychologically KWIM?

the woman that comes here once a week from the schools, she told me this would happen
said that when Moo is older we really will need to give her some special time just for her to compensate.

life is weird huh?

No comments: