Monday, June 2, 2008

laundry list

Ok I just want to know where the term "Laundry list" came from?

I am trying to learn how to organize myself
I am learning the art of making lists, shopping lists, to do lists, honey do lists.
but a laundry list?
I must do laundry, but I cannot imagine making a list about it
plus doesn't a laundry list mean a long list? do you know how short my laundry list would be?

  1. whites
  2. colors
  3. pinks
  4. towels
I can figure that one out right in my head!

*shrug* does not make sense to me
if you want to say "i have a long list of things to do"
then why not just say
"I have a long list of things to do" not
"I have a laundry list of things to do"

*shrug*

now
I have to go because I have a long list of things to do

ROFL
Rosie gave me chocolate




ETA :

From Jo
http://www.yourdictionary.com/laundry-list

laundry list Definition

laundry list

noun

Informal a lengthy, inclusive list of data, matters for consideration, etc., often one regarded as unorganized or showing a lack of necessary selectiveness



ok ok I guess then all my lists are laundry lists LOL

No comments: