Wednesday, May 21, 2008

yesterday I missed my mom

I know that I whine too much
things could be worse than they are.
But I do liv ein the moment
yesterday I missed my mom
probably more than any other day since she passed away.
I don't know why, maybe the news of Ted Kennedy?
Maybe seeing the news reports out in front of Mass general hospital

Maybe because my daughter Messy climbed up and stood on the toilet seat and tried to get into the medicine cabinet, she fell and hit her head hard on the sink.

after the initial phone call the doctor, loaded the little ones in the car, waiting for the boy to come out of his room and go into the car, so we could rush her in, trying not to yell at the boy to hurry faster, trying not to panic
I stood in the driveway with my phone in my hand trying to remember who I should call.
there is no one
sometimes I feel so lonely

No comments: